We have short study groups after meeting at 12 noon followed by a shared lunch for those who wish, 2nd Sunday, every other month, alternating between:
Harvey Gillman’s book ‘Words’: Next event – Chapter: January 13th 2019 – ‘Other Pieces’
Friendly Bible Study: Sunday February 10th 2019
Our next Meeting for Worship for Business will be after worship on Sunday 6th January.
The next Area Meeting will be on Sunday 20th January here at Uxbridge.
We are due to provide lunch so contributions of food are invited.
1. Sat Jan 12 14:00 at Friends House, Why be a Quaker Universalist? Anthony Philpott, Clerk of Quaker Universalist Group will talk about the ideas behind this important thread of British Quakerism.,
2. QHA continuing Shelter. QHA is now running a new winter night shelter for 8 rough sleepers every Saturday, Sunday and Monday night until 31/3/19 (possibly longer) at St Martin’s Church, Vicar’s Road, Gospel Oak NW5 4NL.
2 volunteers wanted for each night from 1845 until following morning 0800 plus someone willing to cook and deliver dinner for 10
Volunteers – Offers to Katie Calvert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Community will cover the other 4 nights each week.
3. 1930 Mon 28th Jan – Kingston MH, Professor Mervyn Frost, Professor or International Relations, Dept of War Studies, Kings College London on Just War Theory
4. Tue 5th Feb – Tue 26th Mar in four sessions; Being White – a short course by Carey Haslam, organised by London Quakers. Designed for role holders, limited numbers. Contact ClerkLondonQuakers@gmail.com
5. 1930-2100 Thu 28th Feb- Kingston MH, John and Diana Lampen talk on their peace and reconciliation work
6. 1000-1600 Sat 16th Mar – Kingston MH John and Diana Lampen workshop meeting about peace and reconciliation
7. Further ahead – dates for the London Quakers’ programme.
Fri 15th Mar eve Lucy Aphramor, the Naked Dietitian, hit at the Edinburgh fringe, will present her one woman show “Enough” at Friends House
Sat 16th Mar eve Lucy Aphramor, the Naked Dietitian, hit at the Edinburgh fringe, will present her one woman show “Raise the Roof” at Wandsworth MH
30th Mar at Friends House – Woodbrooke on the Road Eldership and Oversight (Eventbrite Bookings open at http://bit.ly/LQEandO)
27th Apr Joint meeting with LQPT about the future for London Quakers
8th June – talk by Swarthmore Lecturer Eden Grace.
8. Quaker House Congenies – two week Artists retreats in southern France. Website http://www.maison-quaker-congenies.org/ . I know this isn’t in London, but I like Congenies.
9. Events for young Friends – London Link Group More info from email@example.com.
– Winterval party 27th Jan 2019
– Brighton Residential 15-17th March 2019
– Hampstead Residential mid-July 2019
10. Young Adult Quakers have their own meeting at Westminster MH at 5:30pm on 1st and 3rd Sundays. Tell your Elders, tell your Youngers. More at their website
11. Teenage Quakers have launched their own London group. Please contact Dan and Imi on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.