We have short study groups after meeting at 12 noon followed by a shared lunch for those who wish 2nd Sunday every other month alternating between:
Harvey Gillman’s book ‘Words’: Next event – Chapter: ‘Christianity’ 13th May
Friendly Bible Study FBS: June 10th
On Saturday 12th May the Peace Pledge Union have their Conference and Training Day entitled “Grassroots Action for Peace”, at Friends’ House from 12.30 to 5 pm.
Next Sunday 13th May after worship we shall resume our study of Harvey Gillman’s booklet “Words”. Those taking part should study the chapter entitled Christianity. There will be a shared lunch for those who wish.
Next Sunday we also accept contributions of goods for Hillingdon Foodbank.
The Council for Christians & Jews have a meeting on Tuesday 22nd May at Ruislip Manor Methodist Church at 8 pm. The subject is the Dead Sea Scrolls.
The Area All Age Gathering will be on Saturday 16th June at Ealing Meeting House, to which all are invited, from 10 am until 4.30. The day will include Area Meeting at 1.30.
LONDON/NATIONAL QUAKER EVENTS – MAY 2018
- Thursday 10th May 1930 Kingston Quaker Centre And the Beat Goes On – Journeymen Theatre’s new play Eventbrite link or via http://bit.ly/Beatgoeson180510
- Saturday 12th May 1930 at Winchmore Hill Meeting House – The Bundle by Journeymen Theatre Eventbrite link or http://bit.ly/bundlatwinchmorehill
- Wednesday 16th May Concert by the London Sinfonietta in memory of Robert Clark of Friends House Meeting, 16 May – Queen Elizabeth Hall
Looking further ahead
- Friday 8th June, Fri 6th July, Wed 1st August: Blue Idol Meeting House is running events for the tercentenary of William Penn’s death – http://www.blueidol.org/calendar.html
- Saturday 23rd June as part of Refugee Week – These Walls Must Fall at Friends House a day of Refugee voices and other happenings. http://www.quaker.org.uk/events/thesewallsmustfall
- 18th – 5th August FSSE “From Belief to Action” -Junior gathering, Senior Conference. Highly recommended events for ages 11-18
- Events for Young London Friends (11 – 18) – by London Link.
More info from firstname.lastname@example.org
30th June Young Quakers New Economy NOW! – Younger Quakers/London Quakers day meeting. Eventbrite link or http://bit.ly/YQuakersNEconNow
8th September 10:00 – 16:30 LQ Diversity Conference
- Young Adult Quakers have their own meeting at Westminster MH at 5:30pm on 1st and 3rd Sundays. Tell your Elders, tell your Youngers. More at their website
UXBRIDGE QUAKERS 2018 OUTREACH PROGRAMME
- Sun 24th June Garden lunch/ hosting of Churches Together in Uxbridge AGM
- 22-23rd September and 6-7th October – Open House London / Meeting House Bicentennial events, also incorporating Quaker Week.
- Sunday 11 November – end of WW1 centennial commemoration / Open afternoon / Peace-themed ‘Uxbridge Debates’ No 2