We’re holding two working parties with shared lunch on Sunday afternoon29th July from 12 noon and from 10.30 Monday 30th July – all invited – to give the meeting house a burst of TLC following the departure of a major tenant.
We have short study groups after meeting at 12 noon followed by a shared lunch for those who wish 2nd Sunday every other month alternating between:
Harvey Gillman’s book ‘Words’: Next event – Chapter: July 8th
Friendly Bible Study FBS: (in lieu of cancelled August meeting) –September 9th
From 25th June to 30th July Jordans Meeting House will be hosting a number of events celebrating William Penn to mark 300 years since his death. This begins with an Exhibition open from 2 to 5 pm during July. Then on Saturday 14th July we are invited to “Afternoon Tea with the Penns” at 3 pm, using recipes from William’s wife Gulielma.
Sunday 8th July – the next session of the Study Group on Harvey Gillman’s book “Words”, followed by a shared lunch for those who wish. Those taking part should study the chapter headed “Words As Sacraments.”
The Council for Christians & Jews have their next meeting on Tuesday 11th July at 8 pm, which will be their AGM followed by a talk on “Israel at 70; its effect on Jewish-Christian relations.” That is at the Northwood Liberal Synagogue.
Another date for Saturday 14th July is the Film Evening at Harrow Meeting House from 6 pm. This will include a bring-and-share supper and showing of the film “My Old Lady.”
The proposed date for the next meeting of the Resurgam Group (open action group on outreach and renewal) is Wednesday the 8th of August at 7 pm.
LONDON/NATIONAL QUAKER EVENTS
- 25th June – 30th July at Jordans – PENN 300 exhibition and events. Details at http://www.jordansquakercentre.org/
- Sunday 1 July 12:30-2pm Bromley MH; Sing Quaker Wisdom! A workshop with Paulette Meier. MfW 10:30
- 18th – 5th August FSSE “From Belief to Action” -Junior gathering, Senior Conference. Highly recommended events for ages 11-18
- Events for Young London Friends (11 – 18) – by London Link. More info from email@example.com 13th – 15th July 2018 Summer Link in St Albans 21st -23rd September 2018 at Salisbury
- Further ahead – dates for the London Quakers’ programme.
Saturday 8th September LQ Diversity Conference [under review]
Tuesday 18th September, 19:30, Leavening the Spirit with Friends in Tune
Saturday 20th October, 10:15 – 16:00, Makepeace Daly musical event, with Friends in Tune
UXBRIDGE QUAKERS 2018 OUTREACH PROGRAMME
- 22-23rd September and 6-7th October – Open House London / Meeting House Bicentennial events, also incorporating Quaker Week.
- Sunday 11 November – end of WW1 centennial commemoration / Open afternoon / local war artist David Hutchins exhibition and talks