ART EXHIBITION – Meeting House 8-10th November 2018 2-4.30pm
Talk by artist Jonathan Hutchins Sat afternoon 10th November
Live Poetry Salon at the meeting house Sun 18th Nov 1.30-3.30pm – scroll down ⇓
Approaching WWI Armistice Day 100 years on, we are curating an exhibition of the local artist Jonathan Hutchins’ work based on the war poetry of the late great Welsh/English writer & artist David Jones, with the meeting house open for viewing afternoons of Thurs-Sat 8th, 9th, 10th November, from 2pm to 4.40pm daily, with a talk Saturday afternoon 3pm from Jonathan on his work and David Jones & his war experience.– let others know, bring a friend.
Check the blue hyperlinks here for more on the artist and his subject. If you have time there’s an 18min video narrated by Jonathan on YouTube here.
it’s also possible to view on your PC/laptop/tablet the complete Jones work In Parenthesis from an online archive. – Follow this link for the file
We have short study groups after meeting at 12 noon followed by a shared lunch for those who wish, 2nd Sunday, every other month, alternating between:
Harvey Gillman’s book ‘Words’: Next event – Chapter: January 13th 2019 – ‘Other Pieces’
Friendly Bible Study: Sunday November 11th 2018
On Saturday 3rd November London Quakers have a workshop, on Experimental Worship led by Mark Russ. At Friends’ House from 10.30 to 4.30.
Our next Meeting for Worship for Business will be on Sunday 4th November.
Armistice Art: From Thursday 8th November to Saturday 10th November this Meeting House will be open to the public to display an exhibition by the local artist Jonathan Hutchins on the subject of the war poet David Jones. The exhibition will be open from 2 to 4.30 pm Nov.8 to 10, and Jonathan Hutchins will give a talk on his work at 3 pm on Saturday 10th.
Are you interested in having an international student as a visitor to share your Christmas, for a day, a week-end, or a three-day visit? This can be arranged by an organisation called Host UK; Mike and Alfred have the contact details for anyone interested.
London / Lon West Area:
9. Sat Oct 27, 1900, Kingston Quaker Centre, Alison Williams talks on how the UN works
10. Sat 3rd Nov, London Quakers Road event at Friends House 1030 – 1630 Woodbrooke on the Experimental Worship with Mark Russ of Woodbrooke. Must book! Free Child care http://bit.ly/QuakerExWor
11. Sat 24th Nov – 10:00 – 16:00 Hands-on day preserving collections at Friends House Library for London Quakers – more information on LQ webpage and Facebook
12. Thursday 29th Nov 1830-2000, London Quakers Event – Doing Economics Differently with Joe Earle, Friends House
13. Events for Young London Friends (11 – 18) – by London Link.
More info from email@example.com. Likely to include
– Helping with QHA Christmas event
– Winterval party
14. Further ahead – dates for the London Quakers’ programme.
12th Jan 2019 What are Quaker Universalists about?
16th Feb 2019 Second workshop for Diversity learning – Inclusion
27th Apr 2019 Joint meeting with LQPT
15. Young Adult Quakers have their own meeting at Westminster MH at 5:30pm on 1st and 3rd Sundays. Tell your Elders, tell your Youngers. More at their website
16. Teenage Quakers have launched their own London group. Please contact Dan and Imi on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.